Thank you to all our participants, sponsors and volunteers.
Another year is in the books. We will post our official thank you in the coming days, but for all those posting on facebook and for everyone that helped make the weekend a huge success, I say THANK YOU!
Outdoor event brings the sun and was a Huge Success!
May 5 saw the hositng of the 23rd Annual Dean Turnquist Spring Fever Road Hockey Tournament with all involved are declaring it one of the best!
All of the money raised from this annual fundraiser goes into the Helping Hand Fund which ensures all the money raised is put right back into our community to support underprivileged kids in sport.
The 2018 tournament was a great event hosted in the Eastgate Mall parking lot on Saturday May 5. With 23 kids teams and 14 adult teams participating, along with numerous spectators taking in the action, it was well received with positive comments from both spectators and participants alike.
This day could not happen without the tireless efforts of the Organizing Committee. If you see them out and about in the community, I hope you will congratulate them on a great job once again!
Andrew Thompson, Kim Tibble, Nicole Pillman, Shelley Gellert and Taylor Stigings.
This small group of volunteers work tirelessly and contribute countless hours getting things organized and ready for this event. It is thanks to their hard work that this event runs so smoothly and is the success it is.
The organizing committee would like to thank all of the volunteers that help us make this tournament the success it is year after year by lending a hand to keep the day running smoothly.
- Jasmine Thompson and Pete Pillman that stepped up to help the organizing committee;
- Dar Thompson, the Thompson family and the crew from the Kinettes for their support of the all weekend;
- For those that volunteered their time or products, your support is key to making this event a success;
- To the 2018 Spruce View Grad Class for their help all weekend doing whatever was asked, from refereeing to scorekeeping to running errands;
- Thank you to our refs who help keep the games running smoothly! Troy Mellroy, Ian Willigar, Peter Pillman and Brian McKnight.
- Innisfail Merchants Baseball team, Pat Adams and IMS, Town of Innisfail, Alliance Church and Innisfail Golf Course.
And of course, our sponsors. Thanks to your support, every penny raised this year from our event will go into the Helping Hand Fund which will directly benefit our community.
- Ryan Dodd with Canada Malting who stepped up as our Kids tournament title sponsor,
- Cory Fox with G-Force Graphics for printing all our banners,
- The Hideout
- Rayco Reclamation – Jason Ray and the Ray family,
- West Country Pumps & Pressure – Sonny, Kayla, Rob and Christine Christensen,
- Whitewater Resources – Darcy Dallas,
- Accutech Canada – Randy Rae and his family,
- Jason Cooper from Fourman Dairies for the ice cream,
- Shane and Tamara Hagel from Boots & Barrels,
- Ryan & Amber Rusnak with Elite Xteriors,
- Antler Hill Welding Services – Cody Stevenett
- Central Alberta Co-op
I apologize if I missed anyone, we are very thankful for your help!
For more information about the Helping Hand Fund, visit the Helping Hand Fund Tab.
As always, be sure to support our sponsors whenever you can as they help make this event possible and ensure that every dollar raised by the participants goes to the Helping Hand Fund and helps those that need it in our community!
Read More here: 2017 Paper thank you